Engage Energize Evolve

April 19, 2006

My blog has been ransacked!

I know I am possessive by nature. They say its a Scorpion trait. But this time its has nothing to do with Linda Goodman.

The culprit is here. This person whose profile display says "Recruitment Executive" has done a cold blooded cut and paste of my post "Why Retention is Always Tomorrow's task" in his blog here, exactly three days after I posted it. No links, no credits - either to my own posts, or to the articles I had linked to in mine. Everything, even the title has been copied - as if the blogger has said it all himself! Needless to say, I am shocked!

And how did I discover this? Through this tool - in which I initially typed in my URL just for a lark! Thanks Shilpa - for blogging about this.

So readers...you know what you have to do next right?

And to my dear Ctrl C Ctrl V friend - This world is a very small place, much smaller than you can imagine. And you say you are in the recruiting profession? You should know better than anyone else - what goes around, comes around!

9 Comments:

  • Really glad that you found and exposed the thief!! I left him a comment to let him know his game his up:)

    Thanks Anuradha for linking to my post. Please spread the word as much as you can. Let's teach the scum a lesson they won't forget.

    By Blogger Shilpa Bhatnagar, at Wednesday, 19 April, 2006  

  • It's not only you. Just use the same tool (http://copyscape.com) and pass his URL.

    Everything is a copy paste on his blog.

    By Blogger An Ideal Boy, at Thursday, 20 April, 2006  

  • I blogged about this here:
    http://amitken.wordpress.com/2006/04/22/49/

    such a shame. you keep going anuradha.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 21 April, 2006  

  • nice exposee

    By Blogger Ankur, at Friday, 21 April, 2006  

  • "This world is a very small place, much smaller than you can imagine"

    Indeed so...

    I almost stumbled across your blog via Amitken's after finding the name Anuradha Ganapathy a little too familiar!

    Realised that you were one of the people my girlfriend had worked with (and talked about a lot too) during her stint with a Financial services company about a year or so back.

    And in fact this becomes even more of a coincidence when you realise that we were just talking about you joining the same company she now works for!

    Dont know if you would remember her now...but I guess we shall know in time!

    Shame on that copycat though!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, 23 April, 2006  

  • Nice work.

    The culprit has taken the post down! Google cache should have a copy, though. I tried to get hold of it, but couldn't. Perhaps it's too recent for Google to have cached it.

    By Blogger Abi, at Tuesday, 25 April, 2006  

  • thyethe plagiarist has deleted the post but the cache is always there:
    http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:QsyK5Om_bhIJ:ipian.blogspot.com/2006/04/why-retention-is-always-tomorrows-task.html+&hl=en&gl=in&ct=clnk&cd=1

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 27 April, 2006  

  • helps a lot to know there is a tool like that. Plagarism like this - one can still do something about - at the least one can shame the person into withdrawing. It is more difficult to track such acts when people lift your ideas and paraphrase those. I recently discovered an acquaintance whose post was a combination of two of my blog posts. Even the title was lifted. The tool does not spot these things.

    And since you work in the area of HR - how does one deal with a problem that is prevelant in many organizations - when someone else takes credit for another's ideas and the system instead of putting a check on such matters perpetrates it?

    By Blogger Reshma Bachwani, at Friday, 21 July, 2006  

  • hey anu ! i have 'dum marao'd that guy on a comment in his post.

    check merawalla blog :www.worldofindia.blogspot.com

    it's written by someone whom u know very well btw from IMDR : ))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 11 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home